Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thankful, day 30.

     I am thankful to be Nathaniel's mama.  I am overwhelmed with the sheer idea that I am someone's mother.  It was my job to carry him inside of myself for 9 months.  It is my job to feed him and keep him warm and safe.  It is my job to teach him new things.  It is my job to praise him.  It will be my job to discipline him.  It will be my job to show him the difference between right and wrong.  Whew, what a responsibility!  And, of course, that list doesn't even begin to cover a mom's responsibilities.  But, oh, what a blessing it is!  I am a mommy.  You only get one of those in a lifetime, and I'm it!  I'm still amazed when I think about what I'm doing here, and I am eternally thankful to have been given such a beautiful gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...