 |
| My two greatest blessings. |
Today I am thankful for my happy marriage, our little family, and all of our accomplishments. I often peek into the lives of my previous classmates from both high school and college {via Facebook}, and I am surprised at what I see. I feel like Eric and I are at a "normal" point in our 25-year-old lives where people are married and starting to have children. Many former classmates are at the same point, and I look at their photos of cherub-cheeked newborns and am happy for them. But, so many people my age are so far from this blissful point. They are still going out to party and drink every night of the week--some have entered the workforce, some are still in school, and I have no idea about others. Are they really, truly happy? Again, I don't know. I look at their pictures, and I find myself simply feeling sorry for them. I cannot imagine being at that point in my life at this age. I understand that everyone cannot be married by an ideal age or that great jobs aren't plentiful right now, but is excessive drinking the answer? I really do not even talk to these people anymore, but I sincerely wish them all the best. I hope that they can find their "grown up lives" soon and be really, truly happy. Am I gloating here? Maybe just a teeny smidge, but I really am so entirely happy with my life, and I am eternally thankful for all that I have been blessed with.
No comments:
Post a Comment