Sunday, November 7, 2010

Thankful, day 7.

I am thankful for books.  I love books, and so does my husband.  Between the two of us, we have approximately five million books, and nowhere near enough space in which to store them.  I especially love children's books, and, therefore, Nathaniel was the proud owner of an entire shelf full of books before he was even born!  We could probably build a house out of our books if we were ever in need of a shelter.  This enormous amount of books means that we are never in need of anything new to read.  But, for some reason, the UPS man still makes monthly trips to our house with packages from Amazon full of books.  {We don't mind him.}
     I am truly thankful for all of the books that we own, the ability to read those books, and that we are able to buy new books regularly.  I am also grateful to all of my elementary school teachers (my mother, in particular) who instilled that love of reading deep inside of me at such a young age.  What a gift!  I strive to give that same gift to my son.....and so, if you'll excuse me, I need to go read some Dr. Seuss aloud now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...