Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Thankful, day 9.

     I am thankful for my health!  So often, we only think about our health when we're having problems, but what an amazing gift it is that most of us are {more or less} perfectly healthy almost all the time!  When I was two years old, I was diagnosed with a cancerous tumor.  It was removed, and I went through radiation treatments.  As a parent myself, I cannot even begin to imagine the stress that my parents went through during that time.  Thankfully, that was it--I never had any more issues.  I grew up knowing what had happened, but not understanding the seriousness (I don't remember anything about it).  When I grew up, I learned that I might have trouble conceiving because of the radiation treatments, and I prayed that I would be able to have a child.  As it turns out, we had a perfectly healthy pregnancy and, in turn, a perfectly healthy baby boy!  I am so thankful for that.  I am thankful for my own healthy body, and for that of my husband and son.  Our bodies are so amazing and strong--what a miracle each of us is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...