Friday, November 19, 2010

American Pork Chops.

     I've been using this recipe for pork chops for months, but I have no idea where I found it.  This rub makes a savory pork chop that is delicious for dinner, and even good in a sandwich the next day!  The flavors are a bit strong, so make sure that your chops are nice and thick (or just use the rub lightly).  I'm sure that this recipe would also be delicious prepared on a grill.

4 pork chops, 1 inch thick
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme

     Combine the brown sugar, salt, pepper, allspice, and thyme in a small bowl..  Rub sides of pork chops with herb mixture.  Let stand 15-20 minutes.  Discard any remaining mixture. 
     Pat pork chops dry, being careful not to remove any of the rub.  Grill chops in a medium-hot pan, turning once; 3-4 minutes per side or until cooked thoroughly.

4 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...