Wednesday, December 1, 2010

snow.

     Happy December!  As anyone who knows me well can tell you, December is absolutely, hands-down my very favorite month of the year.  And, just in case you haven't noticed the little guy that I've recently (oh, say about 3.5 months ago...) started toting around on my hip, we have a new baby around our home this December.  You may wonder what these two things have in common....and I will tell you: THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST DECEMBER EVER!!!  {Well, until next year, anyway!}
     Appropriately, we got our first snowfall of the year today.  It's beautiful, and makes me want to bake cookies and hang mistletoe.  The snow views at our new house are so much prettier on the trees and across the rooftops than the views of snow on a factory rooftop and alongside a slushy street at the old house.  I love it here!  Sadly, I don't have a picture of the fresh snow to show you.  I wanted to run outside and snap photos left and right when I woke up.....but there's that little baby to attend to now.  Then, I thought that I'd wait until he went down for a nap and pop out on the deck for a few pictures.  But, when he went down for a nap, I decided that I didn't really want to mess up the beautiful snow on the deck with my ugly footprints.  Finally, I came up with a plan: I would go get the mail (which doesn't arrive until 1 or 2 around here), and snap a few of the winter wonderland then.  Needless to say, when the mail finally did arrive, Nate was awake.  I bundled him up and headed out to the mailbox to show him his very first snowfall.  He was dutifully impressed.  And, I forgot the camera.  Now, it's too dark to take pictures outside.  I apologize, but I'm sure that there will be more snow this winter (I hope!), and I'm sure that this blog will include lots of pictures of that beautiful snow!
     Just so you don't feel too photo deprived, here's a picture of my little cutie in one of his newest winter outfits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...