 |
| Mommy's favorite gift! |
How was your Christmas? Ours was wonderful! You know how every single year, you think, "Oh, this is going to be the best Christmas ever"? And then, it may or may not be great, but it just never quite reaches that goal of being the best ever because you always remember that one year when you were 10 and you reallyreallyreally wanted a Bundle Baby, but weren't sure you'd get it....then on Christmas morning, you rip open the most Bundle-Baby-sized package with your name on it, and there she is, with her plastic baby doll head, her authentic Bundle Baby birth certificate, and her carrier that really kicks when you push a button! Oh, that was a fabulous Christmas! And, up until now, that was the year that I always considered my "best Christmas ever!" This year, I had my very own REAL bundle of a baby to enjoy all day long! {And, while I might have finally topped the Bundle Baby gift with a real baby, I still give my mom credit for searching the stores for weeks for my Bundle Baby! And, when she couldn't find one anywhere, my aunt finally called her to let her know that a store 30 minutes away had just a few left, and she could give her girl the best Christmas ever if she hurried. She did, and I am still grateful! Thanks, Mom!!}
Anyway, back to Christmas 2010 around here! We slept in a bit, then finally got ourselves up and moving for our traditional gingerbread breakfast. We opened our gifts, and, of course, Nathaniel made out with lots of loot! My parents and brother arrived, and, soon thereafter, my entire extended family on my mother's side. We had a great day with lots of laughter, hugs, cookies, presents, and ham! It was a long day for my little man, but he was a champ! He missed a few naps, but was content to snuggle with me and his binkie when he needed a break. After all of the excitement was over, he slept for almost 12 hours!!
 |
| Nathaniel's very first gift... |
 |
| "Okay, Mama, I've got this one!" |
 |
| "What, Dad? Can't you see that I'm very busy here?" |
 |
| My best Christmas ever {thanks to these two!}! |
 |
| "Oooh, trucks!" |
 |
| Nathaniel with Grandpa and Nana. |
 |
| Nate checking out one of his new books. |
Hope you all had a blessed holiday with family!
He's precious! I love the idea of a gingerbread breakfast too.
ReplyDelete