Well, it has happened. I am 26 years old today...which means that I am now closer to 30 than I am to 20. I'm not going to go into to some long rant about feeling old now because I don't feel much different than I did yesterday, but, man, time sure is flying nowadays! This past year of my life has changed me in so many ways. Most importantly, I became a mother. Less importantly (but still in the Big Deal section of Life), we bought a house, I quit my job, and we celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary. Yes, I'd say that life is going quite splendidly...and, while I'm not thrilled to be checking the 26-30 section of surveys, I am confident that these 5 years will be much more fulfulling than the first 5 of the decade. {Wait, does narrowing your life down to decades make you officially old?}
We celebrated my birthday in a simple fashion, by staying home and having my parents and brother over for spaghetti and birthday cake. I am a true homebody, and I cannot think of a better way to spend the day than at home with my most loved family members. {Having both brothers home would have been great, but I'll take either one when I can get him!} Nathaniel was his sweet self all day, and my wonderful husband even got up early and braved the icy roads to bring me a red rose and some strawberry ice cream! {Seriously, now do you understand why he is the best husband ever?!}
No comments:
Post a Comment