Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve.

  After a 2-day-long "last minute" rush of cleaning and baking, we have finally settled down to enjoy our Christmas Eve around here.  We have an assortment of 8 different kinds of cookies in the kitchen, a living room bursting with twinkle lights and wrapped packages, a freshly mopped floor, a peacefully sleeping baby, and a weather map predicting a white Christmas!  What more could I want?!  We will be hosting Christmas dinner tomorrow for 16 people, and I cannot wait!
My handsome men.
         We spent our evening with some of our favorite people, and now it's just time to relax and enjoy the magic of Christmas.  We had dinner with Eric's grandparents, where Nathaniel opened his very first Christmas gift!  He received a baby gym, which he absolutely loves!
  Next, we attended the Christmas Eve candlelight service at church.  {Remember how special I knew it would be with my baby boy?  It truly was!} 
My brother, Tim, is home for Christmas, and he finally got to meet Nathaniel!
     When we came home, I gave Nathaniel his bath, then he got to play with his little gym for a bit.  He has such a blast with it!
Then we settled down to read The Night Before Christmas....
Nate is asleep now, and Eric and I are enjoying a movie together.  I cannot imagine a better way to spend a Christmas Eve!
   Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...