Sunday, December 5, 2010

nursery.

     Well, today was the big day!  (You know, the one that I've been putting off for 3 and a half months now....)  Nathaniel finally made his debut in the church nursery without Mommy today.  And, guess what?  It wasn't so bad!  I didn't feel terrible or guilty, and he didn't cry or fuss.  Granted, I only went two doors down the hall for an hour, but still--you've gotta start somewhere, right?!  I'm so proud of my big boy (and, yes, of myself too--I didn't cry either!).  I guess, though I hate to admit it, there are a few other mommies out there who can take care of my boy for a little while.
     All that being said, I started back to teaching my Sunday School class this morning (sans baby), and it was wonderful!  I teach preschoolers, and I really have missed them!  We learned about the angel telling Mary that she would be having Baby Jesus, and we talked a lot about babies.  Since I didn't have any little boys in attendance today, we got to talk about real babies and baby dolls!  I am glad to be back into my Sunday routine, and am learning to let Nathaniel be a little further away than across the room!
     After Sunday School, I had the perfect excuse to collect Nate from the nursery (wait, does one really need an excuse to collect her own baby?), as our family had been asked to read a scripture and light the candle for the second week of Advent.  We enjoyed sharing in the service, and Nathaniel was an angel through the sermon.  Of course, it was a great excuse for all three of us to coordinate outfits and have a few family pictures snapped after church too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...