Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Snappis!

I'm not usually one to rant about a product on my blog, but these things are way too amazing to not mention! Like, if I was cool enough to endorse a product, this would be it! Let me introduce to you....SNAPPIS!
As you probably know {if you read regularly}, we use cloth diapers on Nathaniel. I chose cloth because:
1) disposable diapers have weird chemicals in them, and I don't want them on Nate's bottom all the time {we do use disposables when we're out for long periods};
2) cloth diapers are "green" {and we try to be "green-ish" around here};
3) over time, cloth diapers are cheaper;
4) cloth diapers hold more {we have NEVER had a poop-plosion in a cloth diaper};
5) cloth diapers are way cute; disposables are not.
Notice that none of my reasons mention pins. This is where Snappis come into play...these strange little contraptions are used to hold cloth diapers on babies. They are super easy to use, and {so far} work wonderfully! Best of all, no more diaper pins! When we started using cloth diapers, I bought diaper pins because that's what my mom used (yeah, 20+ years ago). I know that there are cloth diapers with velcro (eliminating the need for pins), but the prefolds are more economical {cheaper!} and withstand washing better. The pins worked, and I never gave them much thought. But, if you've ever tried to cloth-diaper a 6-month-old, you know that wielding sharp objects around those pudgy, 45 mph legs is not easy! Nate has been scratched more than once, and I've poked my own fingers many times. {Those suckers hurt!}
I came across Snappis products online a few months ago, but they looked weird and hard to use, so I clicked past them. After a recent diaper pin jab, I hopped back on the internet and hunted them down. I read several reviews, and decided to give them a try. The package arrived in my mailbox yesterday afternoon, and Nate has been wearing a Snappi ever since!
These things are fabulous! Not only are we avoiding the danger of a sharp pin, but the Snappis are way easier/faster to use! Any product that makes a diaper change faster is cool, right? So, although my Snappi experiences have been brief thus far, I'm eagerly anticipating lots more Snappi time in this household!
*5 stars for Snappis!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...