Nathaniel is 7 months old today! Time is flying like crazy around here! I feel like we're now past the "infant" stage, and into "baby" time (a time that I knew would come, but never really imagined because it was just so far off!). I couldn't believe that he turned 6 months old a month ago, and now I'm just in denial about 7! My baby looks like such a big boy in the above photo, doesn't he?!
Despite the way that I miss having a teeny little bundle of a baby, I'm loving this age! Nathaniel has such a personality, and he is so much fun! Although he's not mobile yet, he likes to get into what he can reach--his most recent find is that he can empty the cooking utensils while I get his food ready. He laughs all the time; one of his giggles is all I need to smile too! He is very social, smiling at anyone. He hasn't had much (if any) stranger anxiety yet, willingly going to any outstretched arms {unless he's tired; then he wants Mommy}. He still plays in the nursery at church every Sunday during the Sunday School hour, then sits quietly through the service in the sanctuary.
Nathaniel loves to play patty-cake and clap his hands. He loves to hang upside-down and "fly" high in the air. He is very ticklish all over! His favorite toys are his Sophie Giraffe, his ring stacker, his rattles, and his books. He loves to read stories and cuddle when he's sleepy.
Nathaniel can roll over {yes, he finally did it!}, push all the way up from his belly, and grab toys. He likes to stand up while holding onto someone's hands. He can sit up unsupported, though not well enough that I'll leave him alone. He doesn't really like to play on his back as much anymore because he can reach more if he's on his belly or sitting. He loves to sit and play or look at his soft books.
Nathaniel loves to look at himself in the mirror! He laughs and reaches for his reflection, often smooshing his face into the mirror to see the "other baby" closer. He absolutely loves Grover! He is constantly watching Grover play with his toys, and he loves to pet him! Grover likes to lick Nate's hands, and Nate thinks it is hilarious! (Mommy doesn't, but she puts up with it since Nate does! We wash hands a lot around here...)
Nate has 3 teeth, and he is working on popping a 4th one through. He chews on everything! We brush his teeth every morning and night, and he enjoys chewing on his training toothbrush and sucking down the fruity toothpaste.
Nathaniel still takes 3 or 4 naps during the day, and he sleeps about 12 hours at night. He's been waking up a few times to eat during the night recently, and we're working on that. {I just ordered a copy of "The No Cry Sleep Solution," which was highly recomended to me, so we'll see how it works.} I do think that he sleeps better when I make an effort to feed him more often {more calories!} in the evening hours. When he's tired, he rubs his eyes, then waves his arms around like crazy as he's drifting off (to wake himself back up!). He likes to be wrapped in his blanket at bedtime, but he sleeps with his arms spread as far apart as he can.
Nathaniel is still nursing, but he also {usually} loves to eat purees! He's had avocado, sweet potato, butternut squash, acorn squash, banana, peas, oatmeal, and yogurt. All of his foods (except the yogurt) have been homemade, and he has liked them all. His favorites are yogurt and banana with oatmeal. He eats two solid meals a day (breakfast and dinner), and nurses throughout the day/night every 3 or 4 hours. He still enjoys sips of water from a glass whenever Mommy or Daddy are drinking. He also likes to use his sippy cup for water on occasion.
No comments:
Post a Comment