Eric and I are coming up on our 4th wedding anniversary soon. Before we were married, we dated for several years--and before that, we were good friends. I've loved him for a long time. Nathaniel is 2 years old. I've loved him since long before he was ever born. But now, I love them both a little differently because I get to see them differently.
A new baby changes the whole dynamic of a household, and it's a beautiful thing. I've known Eric as my husband, my partner, my best friend, my other half--but, now I see him in a totally different role: a father, first of one, now of two. He's an amazing daddy, and I get a front row seat to watch daily! Nate was my first baby--the one who made me a mommy. Now, I get to watch him be a big brother--and he's awesome! Watching them love is such an incredible, indescribable thing. I wish there were words to tell you how it feels to watch my husband be the best father that he can be because he loves our boys that much, but there are no words. I wish I could describe the pride and joy that I feel when I see my oldest son loving on his baby brother. And, the fact that the baby saves his biggest smiles for his big brother? Incredible. Being a momma is such an awesome reward, but watching my loves love each other is the ultimate.
B-E-S-T title!! Beautiful!
ReplyDelete