Within the past week, I've realized just how blessed and selfish I am. Two friends were diagnosed with cancer--both mommas who have babies not even in kindergarten yet. Another momma is carting her baby girl to the hospital for bi-weekly blood tests and scans. A family in a nearby town lost their two-year-old son.
And, I'm grumpy about a lack of sleep?! How dare I complain about such an insignificant and petty thing. So many women (some mothers, some who long to be) would love to be up all night with their own infants! I am so very blessed to have two happy, healthy sons, a husband who loves and provides for us, and oh so much more.
Levi is not really a grumpy baby--I wouldn't even call him colicky any longer. He's a very happy baby, full of smiles all day long--who gets easily overstimulated in the evenings. He goes to sleep easily for naps, but is very difficult to get to sleep at bedtime. He fights sleep like a madman, causing himself to get overly tired, thus causing inconsolable crying.....and the cycle repeats over and over and over. It's getting better, it truly is. He's crying a little less; we're dealing a little better. Eventually, he'll sleep through the night on a regular basis, and until then, I'll keep reminding myself that this really is nothing on the grand scheme of things. I am blessed. So very, very blessed and grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment