I was reminded again yesterday of how very, incredibly blessed I am to have my two boys. No matter how overwhelmed or exhausted I feel, I wouldn't trade this for the world! Motherhood has been my dream since I was a little girl, and this reality is even better than my dreams. There was a time when I was told that I might have trouble conceiving or carrying a baby to full-term. I was terrified that I might never become a mother, and that very idea broke my heart. I educated myself on fertility, and spent many months religiously charting my cycles. When we became pregnant, I spent the majority of those 9 months waiting for something terrible to happen. It wasn't until I held Nathaniel in my arms that I realized that I really was a mother. Then, two years later, I was pregnant again--this time the entire 9 months passed without a single flaw. Levi arrived, and I was the mother of two. Finally.
I might get frustrated sometimes, and the piles of laundry might never get clean. The dishes might sit in the sink longer than they ought, and the baby weight might hang on forever. But, I'm happy! I'm blessed beyond my wildest dreams with these two babies, and nothing can change that.

No comments:
Post a Comment