Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Jigsaw Family.

image from here

Since our little family of three has grown to a "typical" family of four, I've found myself thinking about the roles that we all fill in our lives. I'm a wife, mother x2, daughter, sister, granddaughter, niece, cousin, etc. All of the people that I know are intertwined in my life in a certain way, and we fit together very exactly--like a jigsaw puzzle. It's not always easy to fulfill the role that I've been assigned. Life isn't easy, nor is it fair. But, it's possible. Like a jigsaw puzzle, the pieces can fit together in different says...but there is only one correct way. Have you ever crammed two puzzle pieces together because you're sure that they should fit? If they're not truly supposed to fit together, they usually wiggle a bit because they're too loose or they won't quite latch. Sometimes, they really will fit together.....only to be later found as the wrong fit.
Life was starting to feel like that to me. I know that I'm a good momma. I've been a mother for over two years now, and it's been good. Hard at times, but good. These past few months have been the hardest yet. And, thoughts began to creep into my mind...maybe I just wasn't the right fit for Baby #2? Maybe our "puzzle pieces" are being forced together when we don't really fit? Then, like the proverbial load of bricks, it hit me:
God doesn't make mistakes. Ever.

Sure, life as a momma to this little baby is hard. I can deal with it. Philippians 4:13! Our puzzle pieces do fit together perfectly. He'll grow, and we'll change, and life will go on like it always does. Our jigsaw family is a beautiful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...