Thursday, April 18, 2013

Letter to my Two-Year-Old.



My Dearest Nate,
I want to apologize for the way that I've been treating you recently. I've been frustrated and grumpy with you, and in turn, you've been acting out more than normal. I suppose there's a certain amount of "normal" to your behavior these days (After all, you are two!), but it's not something that I'm accustomed to seeing. You've been pushing the limits of practically every rule that you can think of, and it is wearing on me. I'm sorry that I've been yelling at you so much, and I promise to try harder to get through to you in a normal tone. I am sorry for my attitude.....but I'm not sorry for disciplining you. Sweetheart, I know that you don't understand it now, but it is my job to teach you to be obedient. When God gave you to me and Daddy as our little boy, he gave us the very important job of teaching you right and wrong. And, as ridiculous as it sounds, a spank on your tush really does hurt me more than it hurts you. It hurts my heart to see you doing wrong, and it is my job to discipline you. I love you very, very much, and I want you to know the difference between right and wrong. And, as your parent, that means that you will be punished for doing wrong. You are a sweet boy, and you are a good boy. I am proud of you, and I know that you do many more "right" things than "wrong" every day. You are precious to me, and that is why I will continue to scold and use the "time out" chair whenever it is necessary.
I'm sorry for being such a grouch, and I'm sorry that you're not getting as much Mommy Time as you'd like. I'm sorry that your brother takes so much attention away from you, and I'm sorry that you feel the need to act out against him sometimes. All that being said, I do not regret for even a tiny second giving you a sibling. We knew that bringing Baby #2 into your life when you were this young would have both advantages and disadvantages. This jealousy is a disadvantage. But, the love and the adoration that you both so blatantly have for one another is an advantage that far outweighs any jealousy.
Nate, you are a super kid! You are smart and funny and energetic and sweet. You are more awesome than I could have ever dreamed, and I love you far beyond my wildest dreams. I truly am sorry for being a grouchy mommy, and I want you to know that I am certainly not perfect. I can promise you that I will do my very best to be the best momma than I can be to both you and Levi. You guys are the greatest, and I love you to infinity and beyond!

XOXOXOXOX,
Momma

PS. It's after 10:30pm; why are you awake?? I'm fairly certain that you were asleep (or you were strangely quiet for a long time!), and now you're up again. PLEASE GO TO SLEEP!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...