Friday, January 4, 2013

letter to my oldest boy...


My Darling Nathaniel,
There are so many reasons that I want to write this letter to you. I want you to know how very, very much your daddy and I love you. I want you to know what a great little boy and an awesome big brother you are. I want to remember everything about you right now. And, I want you to know how much I wish I could squeeze you and hold on to this time forever.
You are almost two-and-a-half, and I love everything about you. You're quick and curious and adorable. You're silly and smart and noisy. You have a huge imagination, and a quick little temper. You love to hide, and your favorite drink is vanilla almond milk. You don't like rice or chocolate milk. You are shy around strangers, and you like to play with your little friends at church. You are learning to pray. Your favorite character is Clifford The Big Red Dog, and we read Clifford books daily. Sometimes, you're allowed to watch Clifford on television, and you love it. You like to help me in the kitchen, and you always want to play outside. You love to play "vroom-vrooms" with your uncles, and you like to color. You have a kitty named Green Beans and a dog named Grover, both of whom you love. It is your chore to feed the animals, and you take it very seriously--you want to refill their bowls multiple times daily! You made up a funny song about arms. You ask me every day if you'll get to see your Nana, Babump, Oiiay, or Maaa (Nana, Grandpa, Tim, or Matt). Your favorite thing is to be tickled! Sometimes, you run into the kitchen while I'm cooking to squeeze my legs and say, "I wuv you!" It makes my heart melt into a puddle every. single. time. You laugh all the time--even when you don't know what the joke is! You make your daddy do silly crazy things that he never would have done before you (like dancing through the grocery store singing "beast food!"). You say adorable things like "gall gone!" and "iesh" (ice), boff (both) and "uh-uh" and "banamana" (banana). When you wake up in the morning, you sit in your bed and yell, "Mommam, up 'ight 'ow, peeese!" ("Momma, up right now, please!")
You adore your baby brother, your little "Yiyi Baby". You're always gentle with him, although sometimes you're jealous--and rightfully so! (You had both your daddy and me all to yourself for 2 whole years, and then we suddenly introduced this little fellow who needs attention 24/7 into our family!) You're an awesome big brother, and I'm sorry that I'm not able to give you my 100% all the time now. Babies need lots of attention and time, and I promise that Levi will not always be this needy. You want to know a cool thing about mommies? I can give you more than half of my attention AND give Levi more than half of my attention--simultaneously! You might not be getting 100% these days, but I promise that you're each getting at least 85% most of the time. (Often times, it's even more than that!) I love you both equally, and I don't want you to ever forget that. You and Levi are both awesome little boys who are more loved than you'll ever know!
My sweet little Nathaniel, I love this stage of your life so much. You're growing up so quickly (Wasn't it just yesterday that you learned to crawl?), and I wish I could slow you down. There are so many stages of your life so far that I've deemed my "favorite"....but this time, well, I really think this is it. I adore you as a two-year-old. You're old enough to talk and play and reason, but you're still such a baby in so many ways (I know, I know, you're a BIG BOY!). I'll admit that I'm excited to see you learn and grow, but I wish that I could just hide away a day or two of your toddlerhood for later because I know that I will miss this stage terribly someday. I have yet to encounter "the terrible twos" with you. You are so innocent and open with your emotions. You are so willing and loving. You are so you. You are perfect, and I love you so much, Sweetheart. I am so proud of the little boy who you are, and I'm proud of the person who you will be. You go ahead and grow up, my sweet boy, but please take your time doing it!

I love you forever and always,
always and forever,
no matter what.

XOXOXOXO,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...