Forewarning: If this post seems a little bizarre to you, it's because I'm too sleepy to be blogging--but am doing so anyway because Nate is napping and Levi is content (he's not asleep or you know I would be too!). So, judge away, you well-rested reader, but I'm not worried about run-on sentences, typos, or paragraphs full of nonsense today!
Remember that post a few days ago when I said that Levi's "colic" was getting better? And that he was sleeping more? I fully retract those statements. Last night, he went to sleep at 2am and woke up at 5am. He slept again from 6am until 8am. We slept 5 hours total, ya'll. FIVE. Then, of course, the baby has been napping on and off ever since.....but the mommy has been awake with a very alert and busy toddler.
I was hoping to get a good start on our Fall Family Bucket List this weekend, but that might need to be put on hold for sleeping purposes. Or, maybe he'll sleep tonight! Maybe we'll all get a full 8 hours of sleep! Maybe? I keep telling myself that it has to get better soon....it can't get much worse, can it?
I apologize that this entire post is a complaint, but I'm too tired to think of anything real to write about. I don't function well without sleep, and I hate how I am when I'm tired. I'm cranky and grumpy and mean and forgetful; my poor family is probably more annoyed at me than at the non-sleeping baby! But, like I said before, this has to end soon. Someday I'll miss these sleepless nights, right?
To celebrate our weekend, we are excited to be spending the evening with family. Spaghetti for Daddy, a break for Mommy, lots of attention from his favorite uncles for Nate, and Nana snuggles for Levi! No matter how our evening progresses later, we will be enjoying ourselves tonight!
In closure, I will leave you with this photo of my sleeping baby.....or is it a mirage?
Happy Weekend, All!
No comments:
Post a Comment