This weekend has brought cooler air to our area, reminding us that my favorite season is just around the corner! I've always loved autumn, and this year, I'm even more excited than ever to share it with my boys. For months, I've been imagining all of the fun activities in which our family will partake during these autumn months. And, after perusing Pinterest recently (and finding lots more ideas!), I've decided to put together a "bucket list" so that we don't forget anything!
-visit a pumpkin patch
-go on a fall nature walk
-make chocolate chip pumpkin cookies
-color leaf rubbings
-have a fall picnic
-make handprint turkeys
-drink hot apple cider
-make homemade applesauce
-decorate the house for fall
-pack our Operation Christmas Child boxes
-make a pumpkin roll
-play in a leaf pile
-visit the zoo
-have a date night
-eat butternut squash soup
-make a handprint leaf tree
-celebrate our 4th anniversary
-finger paint leaves
-make a "give thanks" banner for the mantle
-have a bonfire (with s'mores!)
-make Thanksgiving turkey shirts for the boys
-celebrate Thanksgiving
-decorate confetti trees
-take family pictures
-collect colored leaves to make a thankful tree
-make handprint turkey cookies
-make leaf cookies
-visit our local fall festival
-eat pumpkin ice cream
-make a bird feeder
-start Christmas shopping/crafting
What activities are you planning for your family? Any great fall activites that I need to add to my list?? I'd love to hear about them!
THANKS 4 getting me in the mood to celebrate FALL this year...when kids are off to college, one has to make fun for themselves...you've revived me ;)
ReplyDelete