Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Introducing...GEEN BEANS!


Backstory: When Eric and I got married, we decided to get a cat. I wanted a kitten that needed a home, preferably for free. So, I searched on Craigslist.....and within a few days, we found ourselves traveling to a nearby town to pick up our TWO new kittens (Eric consented to them solely because he was working a lot of nights, and I'd convinced him that I either needed a pair of cats OR a baby to keep me company!). We met our little furballs, and I named them Jelly (black) and Beans (gray). I thought I was so clever, and that our feline pair had the cutest name set ever. Then, within a few days, I remembered that I'd always wanted to name a cat Smudgie. And, I noticed that Jelly had a white smudge of fur on her nose. So, it was settled that Jelly's new name was Smudgie. And, Beans simply had the misfortune of keeping her non-matched name. As the cats grew, Smudgie dwarfed her sister, who became affectionately known as Little Beans.
Eventually, our household grew to include a dog and a baby. Then, another baby. Little Beans hated the dog, but grew to love the toddler, who gave her lots of attention--especially during what was supposed to be naptime. He started talking, and learned to call her by her name, Beans.

Then, one evening, we had green beans for dinner. The toddler, who likes green beans very much, began to say, "geen beans!" with much enthusiasm. He spent the entire evening chanting "geen beans!" throughout the house. And, when he spotted his beloved cat at bedtime, he excitedly pointed to her and shrieked, "Geen Beans!" Ever since that fateful evening, the unfortunate cat has been referred to as "Geen Beans" by all members of the household.

Poor Cat! At least it makes a good story, right....?

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...