Tuesday, September 11, 2012

1 month.

Levi is one month old today! Maybe it's the fact that he's #2, or maybe it's just that I'm busier now, but I feel like Levi's first month has passed a whole lot faster than Nate's first month did!
Levi is now 21 inches long, and he weighs 10 pounds and 8 ounces. ( (That's up almost 3.5 pounds from 20 in, 7 lb 1.5 oz at birth!). My chunky little guy is growing fast!
Like most newborns, Levi spends lots of time sleeping. He usually is awake for 3 or 4 hours a day (usually in 1 hour increments). He loves to look around when he's awake, and is usually happiest simply laying in the floor observing. He loves to watch his big brother playing, and Nate is often happy to oblige in including Levi in the fun ("feeding" him toy food or driving matchbox cars on top of him). Levi likes to look at his Baby Look Book and the dropped ceiling in our bedroom. He hates bathtime.
Recently, Levi has started socially smiling. All I have to say about that is ADORABLE!
I'm nursing Levi, and he is a great eater (in case the weight gain didn't clue you in!). He nurses approximately every 3 hours during the day (more often if he's having trouble falling asleep), and about as often during the night. We are still having problems with the colic/gas/whatever it is that makes a baby cry in pain on a regular basis. We've tried several different methods that claim to cure colic (store products, massage, etc), but none of them have helped.
Recently, I've discovered that the best way to "cure" Levi's pain is to lay him on his belly. When he's crying, it's about a 50/50 shot of calming him. When he's asleep, it makes him sleep longer, helps him expel the gas painlessly while asleep, and allows him wake up happily (instead of crying in pain). I'm aware that it is recommended that babies sleep only on their backs (to decrease the risk of SIDS), and that is why, at this time, I only allow Levi to sleep on his belly during the daytime when we can keep an eye on him.
Keep Growing, Little One!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...