I started feeling Baby #2 moving about 2 weeks ago. Like any early fetal movement, it wasn't strong or often. Honestly, I was shocked to feel him/her this early because I didn't feel Nate until I was about 20 weeks pregnant! Within the past week, I've felt movement daily, which is so exciting--and reassuring! I love feeling those tiny movements that make this baby so much more of a reality.
On Saturday evening, Eric and I were watching television before bed when I felt a real thump! It wasn't the "fluttery" or "bubble" feeling that I've been feeling, but it felt like a kick...probably more like a body-slam this early! I was surprised, but didn't think a whole lot about it. On Sunday morning, before we got out of bed, I felt the thumping again. When I put my hand on my stomach, I could feel the baby from the outside! He/She continued thundering around in there for probably a minute or two--long enough for Eric to feel several little thumps! We were both shocked because he wasn't able to feel Nate kicking until I was probably about 5 months pregnant. Since Sunday, I've only felt small internal movements again, and if Eric hadn't felt them, I would say that it was all in my head!
I love, love, LOVE feeling the baby move around inside my belly, but I feel like this is all happening so quickly, and so much earlier than it did with my first pregnancy. Here's to hoping that my body is just that much more in tune with pregnancy now, and not that I'm having a monster-sized baby this time!!
No comments:
Post a Comment