I had my 3rd OB appointment yesterday, and am happy to report that the baby looks wonderful! I've still been feeling some movement, but a peek inside via ultrasound is always reassuring (and fun!). He/She was laying down, knees propped up, and feet crossed--so cute! And, that little heartbeat makes my own heart melt!
I was reminded how much I like my doctor as she was operating the ultrasound machine, pointing out body parts and movement, when she suddenly said, "This is just so amazing!" And, she was right. Not only is it amazing that a tiny human is growing and developing perfectly right inside my tummy, but it's amazing too that we can actually see him/her! I, of course, was fascinated to see those itty bitty fingers and elbows and toes. But, I loved hearing the awe from a lady who has been doing this daily for probably at least 20 years. As much as we know that our own babies are miracles, it must be incredible to be the one who helps bring babies into the world every day. I'm sure she's seen her share of heartbreak throughout her career, but it must be overshadowed by oh, so much joy and wonder!
And, without any further ado, here is our little peanut! These are the three ultrasound pictures that I've had done so far--can you believe the growth in just a little over 2 months?! {Less than a month until we have our anatomy scan done and get to find out if we're having a boy or a girl (we hope!)}
No comments:
Post a Comment