It doesn't seem like we've been married for three years already, but that's what the calendar claims. We've gone from shy friends to best friends, then from high school sweethearts to "Will you marry me?", and from our dream wedding to parenthood. Time doesn't stop to give us a moment to catch our breath, and it's good that way. If we could stop time, we would never have made it this far!
2004
At every major stage of our relationship, I've been the happiest that I've ever been. When he took me to prom? I was thrilled. When he asked me to be his girlfriend? I was elated. When he pulled a diamond ring out of his pocket? I was over the moon! When he said, "I do"? I couldn't breathe. And when I watched him fall in love with our newborn son? I was overwhelmed.
2010
And now? I am absolutely happier than I have ever been--I've got an amazing husband who loves me, and we have a darling little boy who means the world to us. I am so incredibly blessed and thankful.
It doesn't matter whether or not we have a weekly date night anymore because what we have is more than that. He's seen me at my best, and he's seen me at my worst; he's been there when I've won, and he's been there when I've been at my most vulnerable. He's my knight in shining armor--whether we're in our best attire or just watching TV in sweats.
Prom, 2003
Eric, I love you. I an honored to be your wife, and I am so very proud of you! You have accomplished more in a few short years than most people know, and more than many people ever do. You work hard, yet you always make our family a priority. You are an amazing husband and a wonderful daddy--we are so very blessed to have you in our lives. Thank you for being you. I love you, and Happy Anniversary!



No comments:
Post a Comment