Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Tomorrow.

My Darling Nathaniel,
One year ago, your daddy and I were at the hospital, eagerly awaiting your arrival. We were so excited that we would finally get to meet our precious baby boy, but we were also a teensy bit nervous about whether or not we would be any good as parents. And then, on Wednesday, August 18, 2010 at 6:03 PM, you were born. Baby, my most vivid memory is of the very first time that I saw you. You were so beautiful, and the only words that I could choke out were, "He's perfect..."
I remember the very first time that I held you; amid the bustle of people in the delivery room, I felt like you and I were the only ones in the universe.
I remember the first time that I kissed you and told you that I loved you. It made me feel funny inside to do such a "motherly" thing, but it felt right. And now, I can't go an hour without kissing your darling cheeks!
I remember the first time that I nursed you. I was so proud of you, and I wondered how long we would last. Now, I'm so proud that we've been at it for an entire year, and you've grown so strong on your momma's milk.
I remember cuddling your tiny body against me and listening to your breath become steady as you slept. I was amazed that I had such a calming effect on you, and I love that I still do. Cuddling with you at night has been one of my favorite things about this past year.
I remember being so exhausted that I couldn't even think straight because you woke up every 2 hours all night, but I wouldn't have traded it for the world.
I remember the first time that you smiled at me. I was so surprised that I cried! And, ever since, I've craved your sweet smile--your smiles and your laughs make me so happy.
I remember the very first word that you said. You said momma, and I was over the moon--and still am every time I hear your little voice call for me.
I remember so very many firsts and milestones that you've reached during the past year. You are so determined and smart, and I am continually impressed by you. Never lose that, Darling; you will go far in life.

My precious baby, you will be one year old tomorrow. I can hardly believe that we've had you for an entire year, yet it feels as though you've always been here. You are an amazing and incredible little boy, and I honored to be your mommy. I cherish each moment that we spend together,and I am so looking forward to watching you grow and learn even more than you already have. I am so very proud of you, and I always will be. I love you forever and always!

XOXOXOXOX,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...