Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sweet Summertime...

As the hot and humid days of summer are turning into crisp, cool autumn (my favorite season!), I wanted to take a moment to reflect on our summertime. I did one of these last spring, and I've been meaning to do one about summer since June--what better time than now when we've actually experienced our 2011 summer?!
To me, summertime is...
pool time with your best friend!
a perfect blue sky.
swinging at the park.
vacation.
ripe berries.
gorgeous gardens in bloom.
sharing an ice cream cone.
playing in the sand.
afternoon smoothie breaks.
long walks.
playing barefoot in the grass.
breakfast on the patio.
the 4th of July.
my favorite little guy's birthday!

What does summer mean to you??

1 comment:

  1. Summer is a time to slow down and soak up. Soak up whatever strikes your fancy because when autumn rolls around, it's time to head back to accomplishing "real stuff". Love your pics! I should've been cruising the lane each morning to score some breakfast on the deck!! Ha! Here's to my favorite season too--fall!! Yipee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...