Saturday, April 30, 2011

Self Feeding.

As a new-ish momma, I still find myself getting all mushy and proud every single time my baby does something new. Recently, we've been practicing self feeding, and just cannot describe the feelings of joy and pride when I see him finally cram a puff into his mouth.
Nathaniel is getting very good at feeding himself teething biscuits and Gerber "crunchies"....but those little bites of rice cereal, puffs, or yogurt melts can be challenging! Since he usually throws everything off of his high chair tray, we practice self feeding on the living room floor. (Hey, it's a new rug, and I vacuum!) I'm fascinated by watching him learn--he tries and tries and tries, over and over again, often attempting a new method, until he gets every single bite! And, as I watch him grab and toss and squeeze each bite, I am so excited to see the beginings of his pincer grasp mastery.
Maybe it makes me a sap to be so happy about such a simple feat, but I don't care. Being a mother is what I've always wanted to be--and, the reality is way better than what I'd planned!!
Look at that pincer grasp!!
Lucky us to have an in-home, automatic baby hand-washing service...!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...