Monday, April 18, 2011

8 months.

Nathaniel is 8 months old today! As always, he's growing like a weed, and I can't believe that he's a whole month older! This is such a fun age--I love spending my days with him!
Nate can sit up all by himself without tipping over, and he loves to sit and play with his toys all by himself. Some of his favorite toys are his pop-up toy, the ring stacker, his rattle that spins, rubber blocks, his toy driving car set, and his Sophie Giraffe. He likes to play with just about anything he can get his hands on, including Grover's toys, Mommy's jewelry, Daddy's hair, and his own shoes! He likes to play peek-a-boo and patty-cake. One of Nate's favorite activies recently has been taking lots of walks outside in the warm weather!
Although he's not on the move yet, I don't think that it will be long! Nathaniel can push his chest up off of the floor, or he can get up on his knees...but, he hasn't quite mastered both skills at once yet! He does scoot himself backwards when he's on the floor--which makes him mad because he scoots away from his toys! Eric and I have started baby-proofing, but I'm sure that Nate will show us what we've missed soon!
Nate "talks" and squeals constantly. His favorite noises are "ma" and "ba", as well as blowing raspberries! He has recently gotten super ticklish, and laughs constantly! He giggles at silly faces, and sometimes imitates them back to us. Nate's most recent funny face is a close-mouthed fake smile that he makes all the time--so funny!
Nate has five teeth now! He's got two on the bottom, and three on top! While he's not too fussy when cutting teeth, he does get grumpy. He likes to chew on cold washcloths or eat frozen fruit/milk smoothies when his gums are sore.
He takes two naps a day, usually only about 45 minutes apiece. I read him a story, rock him in the glider, then lay him in his pack 'n play to sleep. He is very good about sleeping by himself now, but he still sleeps in our bed through the night. He goes to bed at 7:00 in the evenings, and usually sleeps until about 8am. Nate loves to sleep with his soft Teddy, and he likes to wave him around by the ears when he wakes up!
I am still breastfeeding, although Nathaniel loves his pureed fruits and veggies now! He eats a fruit and either oatmeal or yogurt for breakfast, and a vegetable for supper. He loves to eat little bites of solid food from Mommy and Daddy's dinner (usually bread or chicken). He likes to drink water from his sippy cup and eat puffed rice cereal for a snack in the afternoon, and he tried a teething biscuit for the first time today. Of course, he loved it!
Happy 8 months, my Handsome Little Man! I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...