Monday, January 31, 2011

Our normal.

It seems that I've been neglecting the old blog for a few days now...so here's an update. We have settled into a calm sense of normal, which is good. Nathaniel has set up his own sort of daily schedule, which is nice (in that I know when to expect him awake/asleep). I've never pushed any sort of a schedule on him because we're home all day, and I figure the baby can do what the baby wants. Apparently, Baby wants a schedule now--and Mama's okay with it!
Eric spends most of his days teaching and lesson planning and homework-ing. We turn up the heat and enjoy crackers and soup at suppertime.

Weekends are our family time, and we spend most of it in our living room with a board game or a new movie on the DVR. Best of all, we've got our little man to play with every single day--which always brightens us, no matter how dreary the weather!
We've gotten lots of snow upon snow, and it's cold. Really cold. As much as people complain about winter and the ice and snow and sleet, I can't say that I hate it. Maybe that's just because I don't have to get up early and drive to work in it. Maybe. Maybe it's just that I do enjoy living in a climate where we have changes with the seasons, and I want to enjoy them all! I feel like lots of people think that spring should start as soon as Christmas ends. Did you ever notice that winter does not actually begin until December 20th? That means that the majority of winter is after Christmas. Yeah, seriously. Anyway, it's almost Groundhog Day, so there is hope out there for all of you anti-snow bunnies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...