Monday, January 17, 2011

sweet boy.

     Look who's going to be 5 MONTHS OLD tomorrow!!!  How is he getting so big, so fast?!  I am quite certain that choosing to let me be a stay-at-home-mom is the best parenting decision that Eric and I have made.  I cannot even imagine being away from my little one every day to go to work.  I LOVE spending all day with my little man!  Sometimes my husband says that we're going out simply because Nate and I haven't been out of the house in 3 or 4 days.  When he says that, I admit that I'm usually kind of surprised to realize that it's true!  Has it really been a week since we went anywhere?!  I love staying home, playing with my baby, feeding him whenever he's hungry, and letting him nap until he's ready to wake up.  I like cooking dinner, and I don't mind sweeping the floors.  And, although I could do without all the laundry, this is, hands-down, the best job ever!  Right after Nate was born, I was overwhelmed by staying at home all the time.  Sounds silly, huh?  But, really, I wasn't quite sure what to do with my time...or what I should do first!  I realized that not only is this the first job that I've had without a boss, it's also the first job that I've had without any sort of formal leadership or training.  Thank goodness for my mom and Google!  Now that I've been at it for a few months (almost 5!!!), we've got our routines down. 
     When I worked at the daycare, I saw a few babies take their first steps.  At daycare.  Without their mommies or daddies watching.  Of course, we never told the parents, and within a day or two, the parents would come in beaming and telling us how Baby took his/her first steps last night!  Now I suppose we could say that what they didn't know wouldn't hurt them, but, golly, I want to be the one to see Nathaniel take his first steps!  And, I want to hear his first word!  I don't know from experience about all of the "firsts" yet, but I know that that first smile and the first laugh were the most precious moments to me as a mother!  And, I want all of those special moments to go to Eric and/or me....not some daycare employee that may or may not know my child's daily routine better than I do. 
     What a blessing every single day with my boy is!  I am so thankful for this amazing opportunity.  And, hey, you should be too; if I worked out of the house all day, you can bet that I'd spend my nights with my baby--without any opportunity to blog during a morning naptime! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...