Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Spring 2013!

Happy Spring! It doesn't matter that it's freezing outside, or even that I saw a few snow flurries this morning--because the calendar says that it's SPRING TODAY! We'll see tulips and bunnies and rainbows within the hour, I hope! (Okay, okay, within the next month would be nice....)

Since we've been holed up in the house, I've spent the last two days getting a head start on Spring Cleaning by clearing out/rearranging all of my kitchen cupboards. ("Wait, that expired when?" and "Who thought this should go here?") The boys have kept themselves busy with cars, cars, and more cars! Also, a school bus and a tent. Eric has been going to work, which reminds me of Nate's other recent play. He rides his trike around the house often, but has just recently begun telling me that he's going to work when he does. I always get a big hug and a goodbye kiss before he leaves for "work". Then, he rides off to "school" like Daddy, where he teaches "Spash" and "Frsh". Ironically, Eric teaches Spanish and French (they must be similar, right?). After a hard 3 or 5 minutes of "work", Nate rides his trike back home, where I am rewarded with another big hug and kiss. Love this boy!

Oh, and in other exciting (but semi-old) news, my little Levi is now mobile! (See? I don't even keep this blog updated with the big news anymore....he's obviously the second child.) Levi doesn't crawl yet, but he can scoot, spin, and roll! You'd be surprised how far and how quickly those modes of transportation can move a little guy! I love watching his mind work as he figures out how to get himself to a specific place, and his little personality is really begining to shine. He's silly and content, and just a tiny bit mischievious! (Love this boy too! And, oh that chub!)

Nate, who is still in love with his "Yiyi Baby" has had numerous meltdowns during the past few weeks as he realized that Levi can, indeed, reach all of his toys--including his prized cars. We've been working on the concept of sharing, and it is going as well as can be expected between a 2.5-year-old and a 7-month-old.

Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...