Friday, December 2, 2011

Crappy Pictures.

This post really doesn't have any other point, but to shamelessly promote someone else's blog. Have you ever heard of Crappy Pictures? It is a blog that is written and illustrated by a hilarious mom of two little boys! She shares the humor of child-rearing through {you guessed it...} crappy pictures!

I think this particular blog appeals to me for a few reasons.
A) Truly funny mom blogs are enjoyable and sometimes hard to find.
B) Crappy pictures drawn on Microsoft Paint remind me of one of my favorite gals. Back when we were in high school, we wrote notes to one another about classes, the boredom endured in those classes, and boys. (Of course, we had code names for certain boys--just in case said notes fell into the wrong hands {notedly, Nodge and Root Beer}). More often than not, the notes were illustrated with stick figure drawings. (I'm pretty sure I spent an entire semester in Driver's Ed drawing cartoons and finishing anatomy homework.)
Eventually, our drawings spilled over into our virtual communication--waay back in the old days of dial-up and AIM chatting. There wasn't a whole lot to do on the computer besides play Solitaire and draw in Paint. Thus, our own "crappy pictures" were started. And, while I haven't opened Paint in a long time, I've been enjoying Crappy Pictures for a few months now.

Her most recent entry about public toilets and recent potty-trainees had me laughing out loud! Enjoy!

http://crappypictures.typepad.com/crappy-pictures/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...