Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Stream of Conciousness...

We are not very dilligent about watching the Weather Channel around here, unless we have a particular reason for doing so. Recently, we've had no reason, so all of the bitterly cold days with snow flurries and intermittent freezing rain have just been taken in stride. Last night, as Eric struggled to finish homework and lesson plans and grading at a decent hour, he commented that a snow day sure would be nice for today! I laughed at him because all of our snow has melted (while the rest of the country has gotten loads of white stuff recently!). Then, around 9, I took the dog outside, and was surprised to discover that his snow day may very well become a reality! This morning, all of the schools in our county were closed due to the snowy roads and frigid temperatures!
Eric got to sleep in, eat a hot breakfast, squeeze in some last-minute studying for his night class, AND play with Nathaniel today! Lucky guy! And, lucky us to have him home for the day! I know that everyone else seems to be tired of the snow and cold, but it's truly beautiful!
Admist all of this cold and snow, my parents finalized our vacation plans for this summer yesterday! And, while I do love the snow, I'll admit to being pretty excited for hot weather and a week at the lake!
Amidst all of our playing with toys and reading of stories, Nathaniel is getting pretty good at sitting up! He still tilts to one side or the other, and falls when left alone, but his core muscles are getting much stronger. {This might be due to the fact that half of his jammies have animals on the feet, and he LOVES to reach for them, then sit up, then down, then up....I think the boy does the equivalent of about 75 sit-ups daily!} Speaking of strength, I believe that we are getting closer to a roll-over as well!

As you may or may not know, I have two younger brothers, both of whom are in the United States Marine Corps. Tim, the older of the two, has been deployed to Afghanistan for 7 months. He left on Saturday evening, and after almost 24 hours of travel, arrived at an undisclosed location. On the one hand, I admit that I think it's a little bit cool that he gets to go to such an exotic and different culture. On the other hand, as you well know, Afghanistan is a dangerous place right now. I truly admire his strength, courage, and character as he serves his country in this manner. But, he's still my little brother, and I do worry about him! Please, please, please keep him in your prayers!!

Lastly, I will leave you a bit about tomorrow's blog. I'm planning to start a "Wordless Wednesday" post, which means that I won't be able to explain it tomorrow, will I? Basically, this means that I will simply post an entry without any words--it will, however, contain picture(s) and/or video(s). Lazy way to show off my baby? Yeah, maybe...but it sounds fun, right?! I like doing a weekly "challenge" on my blog. Anyone care to join?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...