Nathaniel is 6 months old today! 6 MONTHS! That's a whole HALF of a YEAR! I don't feel like we've had him for 6 whole months already--maybe 2, but definitely not 6! I love how big and independent he's getting, but I'm loving that he's still tiny enough to snuggle and smoosh against my body. He's learning so many new things every day, and I couldn't be prouder of my little man! I don't know how much he weighs or how long he is now, but we have a doctor's appointment next Thursday, and I will update afterwards.
Nathaniel likes to read stories--touch & feel books, picture books, soft fabric books, even chapter books when he's sleepy! He loves his baby gym, and he loves to shake rattles (the noisier, the better!). He also loves to chew on and squeak his Sophie the Giraffe toy. He still doesn't like tummy time very much, but he tolerates it (we try to do 30-40 minutes/day). He thinks that Mommy and Daddy are so funny, and he is very ticklish on his tummy and feet! He loves to watch Grover racing through the house. He's been learning to sit up on his own, and can sit for a few seconds alone. He can sit up in the boppy or on someone's lap {supported} for a long time.
Nathaniel laughs and giggles all the time now! He "talks" and squeals and shrieks when he's happy; he rarely cries. When he's excited, he waves his arms and legs around, and makes a funny face. He's getting very good at grabbing things and passing them between his hands. When he's laying on his back, he grabs his toes--especially if he's wearing jammies with animals on the feet!
Nathaniel has two teeth now! His bottom right tooth came in on 2/14, and his left popped through yesterday (2/17). He loves to take baths and splash water everywhere! Recently, he's been waking up once or twice during the night; he eats and immediately goes back to sleep. He still takes several naps during the daytime, although he'll skip them if there's something interesting going on!
We've been having unseasonably warm weather this week, and Nathaniel has been loving going outside for walks. He has not had any stranger anxiety yet, happily going to anybody who has a smile (unless he's very sleepy). He spends the Sunday School hour in the nursery at church every Sunday, where he charms the workers with his own big smile and giggles!
Up until today, Nathaniel has been exclusively breastfed. He has expressed quite an interest in table food when he sees other people eating it. I've allowed him to have a few sips of water from my glass for a few days now, and he loves it!
We started Nathaniel with his first solid food today. He had about a teaspoon of mashed avocado, and he loved it! He wasn't sure what we were doing at first, but when he realized that the spoon was going to his mouth with real food, he was all about it! Although I mixed the avocado with a bit of milk, he didn't seem to really enjoy the flavor. He made this face after every mouthful...
But, despite the silly face, he kept opening his mouth for more, AND he swallowed every drop! I cannot believe that my baby boy is big enough to be eating real food now!
While I'm so glad that Nate is growing and maturing, I am a little sad that I won't be his sole source of nutrition any longer. It might be petty, but I really am so proud that I've exclusively nursed him for 6 whole months (and I don't plan to stop until at least 1 year). He's grown to be such a big boy on his mommy's milk! But, I'll admit, he sure is ready for some real food now!
Happy 6 months, Baby Boy! I love you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment