Sunday, August 4, 2013

Someday....


My Precious Boys,
Someday, you won't be so little....and, I can't really decide whether I like that fact or not. Nevertheless, it's a fact; life goes on, and little boys grow up. I know that I will miss you at these ages and sizes, but I'm also so excited to get to know the bigger you(s). There are so many things about you both right now that I don't want to ever forget, and yet so many things that I can't wait to see.
I will miss the way that you talk now, Nate. I love the way that you always say Me and Him and Her, instead of I and He and She. I like the way that you can't say Rs or Ls properly, and I adore the "Oh wow!" that comes from your mouth 100x/day. I like how you get over-the-moon excited about the little things in life like taking walks and going outside to play. (You even tell me, "Me escited!") I love the way that you run up and give me hugs at the most random times, and that you still only want me when you're hurt or grumpy. I love your laugh. I love that helping me in the kitchen is one of your favorite things--especially when we use the mixer! I love your passion for cars, and your interest in all things vehicle-related. I love your sweet, shy smile, your dimples, and your funny little toes. You're so smart and inquisitive, but also shy and careful. I adore your relationship with your little brother--the way that you bring him toys (often to keep him away from whatever you're playing with), gently pat him when he cries, and snuffle on his toes to make him laugh. I love your adoration for books, and I will so miss reading stories to you someday. I love the way that you beam with pride over your accomplishments, and the way that you try so hard to make me and Daddy happy. You're an all-around amazing kid, and I love you to the moon and back!
My little Levi, I will miss your baby chub. Those roly poly legs and that round little tummy make me swoon. I love your wispy baby hair, and the way that you scrunch up your nose when you're trying to be funny. I love the way that you wave, and the way that you say "nyum, nyum, nyum, nyum!" when you're eating. I love that you are so determined and full of perseverance. I love your laugh. I will miss nursing you to sleep at night, and the way that you wake yourself up giggling at your own burps. (You're definitely a boy!) I love your cuddles and your adventurous demeanor. I love the way that you crawl everywhere as quickly as you can, and climb everything within reach. You are such a little explorer, and I love your fascination with the world. I love the way you wave at yourself in the mirror, and throw your arms up to show me how you're "SO BIG"! I love the way you say Mama, and I love the way that you beam with pride when you say a new word. Your personality is so big for such a little guy, and you impress me every single day with your creativity.
My sweet, sweet little darling boys, you are both such a joy. You are our greatest blessing, and we cannot imagine life without either of you. You're so perfect for our family--each in your own way. I love being with both of you--together and apart. I love your voices and your humor and the sound of your laughter. (Oh, your laughs!) I love that God has blessed with with you, and I couldn't ask for better (or cuter!) sons. I love both of you forever and always, no matter what.

XOXOXOXOX,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...