It's been a week, and I just cannot let this go. I thought about writing this post, then I've wondered if it's somehow insensitive to those who are being sensitive. In the end, I don't think it is. I hope and pray that every single family whose child attended Sandy Hook Elementary School last week is surrounded by God's comfort and strength.
If you're on Facebook, you've probably seen this ^ image floating around. Since the Newtown tragedy last week, it's been all over the internet. I've seen multiple Christian friends post this (or something similar), and it bothers me. A lot. Is this implying that God was not in Sandy Hook Elementary School last Friday morning? That is quiet simply not true. Welcome or not, God was there. He was with every single student and staff member who walked through the door. He was with each emergency responder who ran through the door. And, he was with Adam Lanza too. Our God is omnipotent and omnipresent; He is always everywhere.
I don't know why last Friday played out in the way that it did at that school, I really don't. Bad things do happen to good people in our world--even innocent babies. That's our reality, and it's something that I've struggled to understand and accept. Our world is flawed, and our perfection as the human race is nonexistant. In the end, I've learned that I simply cannot comprehend it all. God has a plan, and it's much bigger than anything we can fathom. We have trust in God, and we know that he is in control. He is always in control, no matter what. Whether our public school are allowed to teach about God or not, He is still there. Always and forever. No matter what.
“Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.”
Psalm 46:10

Very well said.
ReplyDelete