I love books, and so does my husband. One of my favorite genres of books is children's literature. I'll admit that Nathaniel had quite a library of his own before he was even born (and, I might not admit that at least half of it was accumulated before he was even conceived!). Throughout the last 18 months, we have continued to collect kids' books for our child(ren). I read aloud to Nate while he was still in my tummy, and I read to both of my children [simultaneously] on a daily basis now. I try to make reading a priority in our home, and I rarely decline an opportunity to snuggle together and read a story. (I have been known to pause while cooking dinner to read a picture book on the kitchen floor more than once....)
For months, Nathaniel has enjoyed his books when we read to him and alone. It makes me heart swell with pride to see him seated next to a pile of books, flipping through the pictures and saying words that he knows. But, it was only today that I realized just how much of a little book worm we have created when I saw him drag his book pile(s) onto the couch for our morning story time!
And, yes, we did read every single book on that couch....some more than once!
No comments:
Post a Comment