Well, the Casey Anthony trial is over. The verdict has been read, and I will admit that I felt as frustrated with the results as it seems that much of the country was. I've followed this trial fairly closely while it unfolded (which is a feat for me because the only other trials that I've ever really paid attention to have been on Law and Order: SVU--and those are wrapped up within the hour every time!). Honestly, I was not expecting Casey to be convicted of premeditated murder; there simply was not enough evidence presented. But, I did expect some sort of a conviction for that baby's death--whether it be her mother or someone else. I can't wrap my head around what seems like such a blatant lack of justice from our justice system. At this point, it appears that we will never know what really happened, and I still can't get the case out of my head.
I've seen a lot of anger about the verdict from friends and strangers alike, and I'm semi-embaressed by some comments that I've seen from Christians on the matter. Is Casey innocent? Is she guilty? We'll never know--and it's not our job to worry about it! Precious little Caylee is in Heaven today with Jesus, a place so much more amazing than even the most wonderful home here on earth! And her mother? Well, Jesus is waiting to welcome her into his family just the same as he for did you and me. Remember the thief on the cross? There are no restrictions on sinners who can/can't repent and accept HIM. So why are so many of us judging Casey? We are all sinners, and we will all be judged.
I'd like to leave you will this quote by Anita Renfroe about today's verdict. It hit me like a load of bricks, and I hope that you'll give it some thought.
"So - I'm gonna respectfully request that NO ONE comment on this because I want it to be something that you ponder deep in your heart of hearts: so Casey Anthony will probably be released soon and will possibly relocate and perhaps feel like she needs to find a church. What if it's yours? What if she's in your small group? In your living room? Please just ponder."
Anita Renfroe
No comments:
Post a Comment