Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day.

I love being a mother. Being his mother.
All that I really wanted to do for Mother's Day was spend time with my precious family. Sure, we spend lots of weekends together, but this one was different. This was a special day to remind us of our mothers and our babies. I am lucky enough to have a wonderful mother who I am proud to call Mom! I am so happy that she taught me how to be a mom, and I am so glad that her mom taught her to be a mom!
My very first Mother's Day started out with a card and a new book from my little man. Eric had taken him to pick out the card, and he LOVED it! He chose one that had a picture of goofy baby inside whose head was on a little spring, causing it to wiggle every time the card was moved. Nate loved playing with it, and I loved receiving a card that he actually picked out!
After my boys made me a delicious breakfast, we went to church and heard a wonderful sermon about a husband's role in marriage. (I can't wait to hear next week's sermon about wives!)
After church, we went to lunch with my parents and brother. Then, we spent the rest of our evening at home, resting and enjoying each other. It was a wonderful first Mother's Day!
And, Nathaniel and I have already started scheming up Father's Day ideas!
{...though I'm not sure we'll be able to beat that card!}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...