Monday, May 2, 2011

Ergo Sport Carrier.

As you probably remember, both Nathaniel and I have been long-time fans of the Moby wrap. But, while he still fits within the weight range, a bigger Nate has recently not been happy to be wrapped because it is so confining. And, though it was fine for autumn and early spring walks, I'm pretty sure that the Moby will be way too hot to wear during the summer. We've been walking with the stroller, but I do prefer to baby-wear--especially when I'm the only one walking with Nate and the dog.
So, after some research, I decided to get an Ergo sport carrier. The Ergo is supposed to be one of the most comfortable carriers on the market for both the wearer and the baby. One of the other reasons that the Ergo attracted me was its versatility; it can be worn on the front, back, or hip. Since we've had our Ergo (only Saturday), I've really enjoyed using it! It is more comfortable than the Moby now that Nathaniel is bigger, as it distibutes his weight more evenly. And, I don't think that we will be nearly as hot. He seems happy in it, which is important to me, as I wasn't sure how he would react to facing me in the front-carry. I haven't quite mastered getting him onto my back alone yet, but we'll keep practicing (as long as Eric will spot us!).
Another reason that the Ergo is "better" is because of its ergonomic design. See how his little tush is totally resting in the carrier? That means that his weight is evenly distributed like he's sitting, rather than being concentrated on his crotch (many carriers "hang" babies by their crotch area). Obviously, an even weight distribution is better for his hips and spine--and I'm sure that it's more comfortable too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...