Sunday, September 12, 2010

Fudgy S'More Bars.

These s'more bars are pretty, kid-friendly, and, most importantly, delicious!  I made them for our annual church picnic, where I received lots of compliments.  And, best of all, they only took about 20 minutes to make!

CRUST
1 C crushed graham crackers (about 12)
1/2 C flour
3/4 C packed brown sugar
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 C butter, softened

TOPPING
4 C mini marshmallows
1 C M&M's {I probably used close to 2 C}
1/4 C hot fudge topping (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray.  In a large bowl, beat crust ingredients together with an electric mixer on low speed until course crumbs form, scraping bowl occasionally.  Press mixture evenly in bottom of pan.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.  Sprinkle marshmallows over crust; bake 1 to 2 minutes longer or until marshmallows begin to puff. {I think it took about 3 to 4 minutes before my marshmallows puffed.}
Sprinkle M&M's evenly over marshmallows {A lot of my M&M's sank into the gooey marshmallows; next time, I think I'll wait a minute before sprinkling them on--not too long though because they need to stick!}; drizzle warm topping over top {I skipped this part because I forgot to buy hot fudge sauce.}. 
Cool completely; about 1 hour.  Cut into 8 rows by 4 rows (32 bars).
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...