I'm slightly ashamed to share that Nathaniel has been showing "readiness signs" for potty training since August. When he started (showing an interest in the potty, telling us when he peed/pooped, etc), I ignored it because Levi was ready to be born. And then, Levi was born, and I had a newborn to take care of--there was no way I wanted to add the stress of potty training a toddler. And since then, I've continued to put it off for every ridiculous reason in the book.....I suppose I've really just been waiting for him to train himself!
Well, yesterday, Eric was home from school for a snow day, and we figured we might as well give potty training a try. What could it hurt? As it turns out, not a thing hurt--Nate was ready! Within just a few hours (and 6 glasses of juice!), he had mastered the potty! I know that we've still got a ways to go, but I am so proud!! (Not that I did anything to help--I think he really did potty train himself!) With gummy bears and matchbox cars as incentives, and lots of whooping and jumping around every time he went, Nate was thrilled to be using the potty! He is doing so well (going without being reminded, and no accidents all day long today!!), and I love seeing him beam with pride! My little guy is growing up...!!
No comments:
Post a Comment