Every time that Nate bumps his head or pinches a finger or stubs a toe, he comes running to me for kisses to make it all better. And every time, it works. No matter whether the boo-boo is big or small, warrants tears or not, it requires a Momma kiss! We all know that "Mommy's kisses make every better!" ....but I didn't realize the truth to that statement until I became a mommy myself! I must kiss 20 little bumps and "uh-oh"s daily, and they're all better afterward! The bigger boo-boos, you know, like scrapes and forehead knots--they require Momma's kisses too! And, while the kiss might not stop the tears immediately, it calms him down like nothing else can. Nobody else's kisses work that magic--not even Daddy's!
Of course, I'd be happy for my boy to never have another boo-boo, but that's not realistic--he's a boy! I hate to see him in pain, but there's a certain sense of pride that fills me every time he races over for a kiss from his momma. It's an overwhelming love and security that he craves when he's in pain, and that's what Mommy's kisses are. They are a reminder that he's loved, and that I'm always here for him. Will my kisses always be the first thing he wants when something hurts? Not likely. But, will he always have all my love? Most definitely.
No comments:
Post a Comment