Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers' Day.

My biggest source of pride and my favorite blessing is a little boy who calls me "momma" every single day. He might only be three feet tall, but he's taken over every aspect of my life. He's sweet and gentle and busy--and just a little bit spoiled! He's growing and learning, and he's going to be the best big brother in the world very soon. I love him with a love that I cannot even begin to describe. It's a love that I can't even imagine feeling for another human being--but, I know that I will, and I cannot wait!
My very favorite moment of the day is the first few moments that we're awake in the morning. Sunlight filters into the bedroom through the curtains, and Nate curls his little body tight up against my side. He rests his head on my pillow, and his arms clutch his teddy bear and while his fingers lace in and out of my own. We're still drowsy, but the thumps coming from my midsection let me know that my littlest guy is already wide awake! I hold my "bigger" little boy with one arm, and rest the other arm on the acrobat in my tummy. I know that we've got lots of changes headed our way within the next few months, and I can't wait--but, right now, this is as good as it gets. I close my eyes and relax, thankful for so many blessings.
I've been spoiled today, not only with cards and flowers and a mani/pedi gift certificate(!), but with love! I am so very blessed beyond belief. I know that my little one loves me (and doesn't even begin to understand the concept of Mothers' Day), but seeing his proud little face this morning as he handed me the "quack-quack" card that he picked out himself was precious. Likewise, I know that my husband loves and appreciates me every day, but reading his heartfelt words in his own card this morning was a tearjerker! Sometimes, I can't help but wonder why I am so blessed. I'm not a perfect mom, and I'm far from a perfect person--why has God entrusted me with such a precious husband and little boy(s)? I definitely don't deserve this life. I am humbled and honored by all that I have on this Mothers' Day, and I sincerely hope that you are as blessed as I.

Happy Mothers' Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...