My collection of stories, laughs, memories, and photos with which to remember these sweet, blessed days of snips, snails & puppy dog tails!
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
May Day!
Today is the first day of May. I can hardly believe how quickly April flew by, and now I'm hoping that May takes its good old time! In the past, May has always been a bit of an exciting month. In elementary school, May was a month of field trips and rediscovering the backyard. In high school, May was the end of the school year and the beginning of summers full of friends and late nights. During college, May was finals and clearing out of the dorms. Twice, I've graduated during the month of May. Once, I eagerly anticipated moving home for a summer with my new boyfriend. Once during May, Eric and I were moving back to the USA and happily planning our wedding. Two Mays ago, we were settling into our new house and unpacking a new baby's nursery. This year, May means that we only have three more months until our second baby is due (!!!). It means that we only have three more months until Nathaniel turns TWO YEARS OLD!! It means that Eric is almost finished with his first full year of teaching high school. It means that I can finally get more plants into our ground here in Zone 6. But, best of all, May of 2012 means that our summer is on the brink of beginning! Our weather today is gorgeous--sunny, 74 degrees, and just a bit of a breeze rustling through the trees. It's a perfect May 1. Happy May Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment