My husband commented yesterday that Labor Day usually feels like the last day of summer, but instead, it seemed like the first day of fall this year. He was absolutely right. We've been hosting cooler temperatures and lots of rain for the past few days. And, despite my love of sunshine, I love dreary, foggy, rain-filled days. Maybe it's the rain, or maybe it's just the cooler temperatures that bring with them the first transition into autumn. Whatever it is, I love it!
Cool weather like this makes me want to bake a batch (or 6!) of pumpkin bread, make our yearly supply of homemade applesauce, whip up a giant pot of butternut squash soup, and finish it all off with a pumpkin spice hot smoothie from Tim Horton's. I want to bundle up in sweats for Friday night football games, visit a pumpkin patch, and decorate my house with fall decor... (We got married in the fall, and I saved just about all of the decorations--we really "do fall" around here!) Speaking of our wedding, this autumn will bring with it, our third wedding anniversary...as well as our local county fair, Thanksgiving, and a whole bunch of gorgeous autumn foliage! And, of course, fall is always followed with my next favorite season--the Christmas season!
No comments:
Post a Comment